’twas a jolly day, as mondays go. unusually good vibes, nothing at all wrong with anything. ahh, but let’s not forget, just because it seems like a big fuzzy cuddle-bear, that monday still has razor sharp claws and slavering fangs.
i was too complacent. basking in the hubris of some successful web-type efforts. and the phone rings.
need an antidote for this smug self-satisfaction? here’s the recipe:
– forget to pay the electric bill
– for a couple of months
– get frantic phonecall, the lights are off!
– pay bill at seedy check cashing place
– manage to screw up the part where you phone the electric company and input your receipt amount, have to be connected with customer service for guidance
– on the way back realize you have been riding on fumes for too long
– stop for gas. discover that debit card is still back at work, on the desk.
– pay for two dollar’s worth of gas. in quarters.
and if that’s not enough, then:
– publicly confess all of the above.
a truly humbling experience.